Monday, July 16, 2012

For those of you that have been to COI Restaurant, theres another 2 michelin star restaurant in the mission called S A I S O N - Reservations thats way easier to get into and is just as good if not better! I had a 20 course tasting menu that was amazing...uni shipped from japan, live scallop, popcorn ice cream, and as a gift from the chef(you guessed it), fois gras! Yes folks, it may be banned from california, but that hasnt banned Joshua Skenes from giving us the silkiest, richest, most spectacular fois gras Ive had in a long time! This kind of reminds me of prohibition, no? So Saison is actually in the Mission, and after dinner I went for a walk to see what all the craze was about. I didnt see any gang bangers, but I did see a lot of hipsters, cool restaurants, and weird little shops. One has taxidermy, fossils, and curiosities that I may have to go see during the daytime! Im having such a fantastic time in San Francisco, but tomorrow I leave for San Diego which Im truely excited about. I actually lived there a spell while I was in the Navy, so itll be fun to visit some old haunts. In the meantime, I have one more day to enjoy San Francisco and I intend to take it in to the fullest!

1 comment:

  1. Did I mention the 80's playlist at saison? Im downloading as we speak:-)

    ReplyDelete