Saturday, July 14, 2012

San Francisco has been a whirlwind, and union square is definitely where all the action is! Last night I saw fireworks for my window on the back, and a couple nights ago there was a salsa band right in the square with a huge crowd of dancers. I discovered I really like http://www.hubertkeller.com/ restaurants after visiting Fleur De Li's and burger bar! I first went into burger bar wanting to try the foie gras burger, but was disappointed to find out that its been banned from California. Its a controversial subject on weather or not the treatment of ducks is humane or not, but foie gras is just so good! I was surprisingly not disappointed in the food though...they have a fabulously creative menu for this more casual dining place, but the fine dining at fluer de lis was just out of sight! I also visited one of my favorite chef's Michael Mina restaurant...Bourbon steak. I was meeting a new girlfriend from Seattle here, and she loved it! Tonight Im going to the mission, which Ive heard quite a lot about lately. Lots of natives here say its one of their favorite neighborhoods, but it also has an edge to it as supposedly several gangs are in the area. It should be exciting, and Im always ready to explore more of San Francisco!

No comments:

Post a Comment