Monday, April 16, 2012

My new favorite place: Austin!

On my second day in Austin, I took a nice drive out in the hill country and saw all the beautiful wildflowers. The terrain was different than anyplace Ive seen, and its true what they say: Everythings bigger in Texas! Some of the houses out on the hills were some of the most massive and exquisite Ive seen. Finally I got to the oasis plaza on lake Travis, which was built by Beau Theriot. Hes originally from new orleans, and is clearly a master of the retail business. One of the stores had very unique furniture and knick knacks made of cowhide, moose antlers, and other exotic things. I had some great mexican appetizers and drinks at the gorgeous restaurant overlooking lake travis! After that I headed to hudsons on the Bend for an exquisite fine dining experience. They had herb and vegitable gardens on the premises, and the menu had such items as elk, alligator, and frogs legs! I opted for the trout, which was fantastic! I also had the 2009 Fanciscan Estate chardonnay which Ill have to remember for future reference as my wine knowledge is not quite as up to par as I would like. After getting back to Austin, I found a great outdoor concert in a little venue with a homemade wooden stage. People werent really dancing much here so I went on to the Elephant Room which had some amazing jazz! Henry Brun and the Latin Players are truly on point! I can hardly wait to revisit this beautiful charming city...rich with live music and the arts. I will leave a little piece of my heart there...

No comments:

Post a Comment