Thursday, October 4, 2012

Ive been on a mini bakery kick in Seattle, and discovered some places that are definitely worth mentioning! First off...the Macrina Bakery. I tried the ham and cheese brioche that was to die for! Similar to a ham and cheese croissant, but the pastry is more dense. I also had a salt caramel cupcake, which interestingly enough was not in a traditional cupcake liner but what looked like a piece of paper instead. Right away I knew it was no ordinary cupcake, but when I tasted it I was reaffirmed. The cake was moist and not too sweet, and there was a generous amount of caramel frosting that I could definitely taste the salt! The second place I found was the Dahlia Bakery, in the same place as my favorite restaurant in Seattle: Dahlia Lounge! Here they have salads, bread, and lots of sweets! I had the beef Vietnamese buns that were unlike anything else Ive had before. The lemon zest mixed with the beef was really balanced, and I couldnt figure out what the sauce was but it went really well with the bread. The peanut butter cookies were really creative as well...two cookies put together with peanut butter inside. I know what youre thinking...they sound like a belly bomb, but they werent because the cookie itself wasnt very sweet and neither was the peanut butter. Im sure there are many other cool things to try at these two places, but Im afraid Id end up like a house if I continued. Help me out here with some feedback!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard good things about the Dahlia bakery and lounge, but never have been there. Will def do next time in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete