Monday, June 25, 2012

Today's my last day in dc, and I didnt get to visit all of my favorite places but I did get to go to the Kennedy center yesterday to see the musical Memphis. It was a total kick in the pants, and the singing was out of sight! I also went to dinner in Georgetown, and did one of my favorite walks along the canal there. In the summer, the murky water with the sun reflecting off of it is one of the most dreamy sites there is, and I even saw some ducklings swimming along. One thing I missed that I really enjoy is a visit to blues alley. It reminds me of days gone past with famous jazz acts down in a brick basement. Almost like a scene out of the musical! This summer Ill be going to Memphis for real though...visiting family. Maybe I can convince everyone to go to Beale street and hear some music...

1 comment:

  1. Beale Street would be totally awesome in the summer. Hope you have a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete