Wednesday, April 29, 2015

New pea and bean shoots making an appearance today have me very excited,  but Ive also noticed some unfortunate individual has been munching on the carrot and parsnip seedlings. Time to pull out a can of whoop @$$...I mean...make a pesticide tea(yes, it really is called a tea). Organic pesticides are made from nettles and horsetails found around the woods here. They're percolated in buckets with some other ingredients Im sure Ill figure out in due time. I also just ate a new asparagus sprout that seemed to shoot out of the ground overnight...incredibly sweet and succulent! Have a look on my twitter account for more enchanted garden photos...

1 comment:

  1. I will be looking forward to more photos. We had a bad thing happen to our duck Daisy's eggs........seems like a nasty blackbird that was lurking around got to them when she was off the nest. He pecked them all so no ducklings this spring. I wonder if ducks grieve? She seems a little lost and so does Donald.

    ReplyDelete